The email verification API is currently in alpha and not ready for production use. The API can change at any time without prior warning. Please get in touch with us if you are interested in knowing more about the email verification features and how you can take advantage of them.
This page contains the technical information for our Email Verification API. Please visit our email verification demo page if you are looking to see it in practice.
The Email Verification API takes an email address (potentially containing spelling mistakes and/or other errors) and validates the syntax, the existence and availability of the domain, the existence of the email account, and returns a verified state and other metadata.
The API response will include all the attributes associated with the email address in the format requested in the API request.
||Boolean||Indicates if the request was successful or not.||true|
||String||The first part of an email address, before the
||String||The second part of the email address, after the
||Boolean||We did not find any reason to believe an email sent to the address provided would fail to reach the associated mailbox.||true|
||Boolean||Indicates if we were able to establish a successful connection to the email server. This indicates the highest level of certainty about the email server.||true|
||Boolean||Identified as a disposable email address. Learn more.||false|
||Boolean||The email account is for a group email. For example email@example.com.||false|
||Boolean||Identified as a public email provider. For example firstname.lastname@example.org.||false|
||String||If verified is false, this will contain a short description of the failure reason.||The email format is incorrect|
||String||A code indicating why the email did not verify.||
Below are the possible errors that can be returned by the API.
- Validation error (1000)
- Key not found (1001)
- Key not provided (1002)
- Domain not registered with Addressfinder (1003)
- Secret not provided (1004)
- Direct API calls are not permitted on your current plan. (1005)
- Invalid credentials (1006)
- Secret should not be supplied (1008)
- The Addressfinder plugin has exceeded the number of allowed lookups, and is now suspended (1009)
- The record you are trying to load does not exist (1011)
- Domain parameter must not be included in a web request (1015)
- This domain has been blocked (1016)
- This service is not enabled on your current plan (1017)
- Your IP address has been blocked for these credentials (1018)
- HTTP Referer or Origin header record must be present when making a browser initiated request (1019)
- Your Addressfinder trial has ended (1020)
- Your Addressfinder trial has exceeded its allowed lookups (1021)
- Postal addresses are not enabled on your current plan (1022)