Type and select one address to get a live example of the metadata returned by the API.
- Full Address:
- Correctly formatted physical address
- Postal Address:
- Correctly formatted postal address.
Sometimes New Zealand Post refer to addresses differently - with additions such as rural delivery number, and occasional differences on suburb and town/city assignments.
- Address ID:
- AddressFinder assigned unique address identifier.
- Building name:
- Holds the building property name for a recognised significant building.
- Unit identifier:
- Holds the address elements that identifies a specific sub dwelling delivery point within a building or building complex. In the address
Flat 1, 2B Home Street, Sunnynook, Auckland 0620, the Unit identifier is
- Unit type:
- Describes the category of a sub-dwelling type within a building of building compiles. This is used in conjunction with the unit identifier address element. In the address
Flat 1, 2B Home Street, Sunnynook, Auckland 0620, the Unit type is
- The floor number in a multi-story building.
- Box type:
- The type of PO Box/CMB/Private Bag/Counter Delivery.
- Street/Box Number:
- The number of the building on the street. In the address
1b High Street, Petone,
1is the number. Also used for PO Boxes. In the address
Private Bag 300931, Albany, Auckland 0752,
300931is the number.
- Holds the alpha component of a street number. In the address
1b High Street,
Bis the alpha.
- Holds the name of the street.
- Street type:
- The type of street - for example
lane, etc. Also supports unusual address types such as The Terrace (
terrace) and Rue De La Mare (
- The suburb of the address. Data is sourced from the New Zealand Fire Service who maintain the canonical New Zealand suburb database.
- Post Suburb:
- The suburb that New Zealand Post classifies this address as.
- Rural Delivery number:
- Rural Post – Rural Delivery route number. In the address
123 Opiki Road, RD 4, Palmerston North 4474, the rural delivery number is
- Rural Indicator:
- Is this address in a rural location? Use this indicator to determine if the address is likely to be considered rural by a courier company.
Note: different courier companies have different rural/urban boundaries so the ultimate determination will be made by your delivery agent.
- Lobby Name:
- The name of the New Zealand Post outlet or Agency outlet where the PO Box, Private Bag or Counter Delivery is physically located.
- The town or city (from LINZ).
- Holds the name of the Mailtown associated with this delivery point.
- Post Code:
- Holds the four digit code defined by New Zealand Post, which is used to describe the locations linked to sorting zones for mail sorting purposes.
Those are the gps corrdinates to locate the address in WGS84 format.
- Longitude coordinate (in WGS84 format)
- Latitude coordinate (in WGS84 format)
Postal lines format the postal address into the correct number of lines.
- Postal address - line 1:
- The 1st line of the postal address.
- Postal address - line 2:
- The 2nd line of the postal address.
- Postal address - line 3:
- The 3rd line of the postal address.
- Postal address - line 4:
- The 4th line of the postal address.
- Postal address - line 5:
- The 5th line of the postal address.
- Postal address - line 6:
- The 6th line of the postal address.
Those attributes reference the Territorial Authority and Region the address belongs to.
- Regional Authority:
- Regional Authorities are the top tier of local government in New Zealand.
- Territorial Authority:
- Territorial authorities are the second tier of local government in New Zealand, below regional councils.
Those attributes are external references returned by the API for specific use or reference.
- From Statistics New Zealand, the foreign key value to link to census and statistical dataset. Census 2013.
- Static and Unique Feature Identifiers are unique identifiers from Land Information New Zealand (LINZ).
- Delivery Point Identifier:
- A unique reference number assigned to each delivery point address in the NZ Post PAF