This API lets you search for streets, suburbs, cities and/or regions (we call these locations).
The filters below are applied additively, so if you need to return multiple location types, you should exclude those location types that are not required.
For example, to search for suburbs and cities apply filters of streets=0 and regions=0
The API response will contain a hash with an element named
completions, which is an array of hashes containing the following fields.
||String||Canonical location as supplied by Land Information New Zealand.||Willcox Grove, Naenae, Lower Hutt|
||String||The unique location identifier.||1-.F.b.M.1C|
||Boolean||Indicates if the request was successful or not.||true|
Below are the possible errors that can be returned by the API.
- Validation error (1000)
- Key not found (1001)
- Key not provided (1002)
- Domain not registered with AddressFinder (1003)
- Secret not provided (1004)
- Direct API calls are not permitted on your current plan. (1005)
- Invalid credentials (1006)
- Secret should not be supplied (1008)
- The AddressFinder plugin has exceeded the number of allowed lookups, and is now suspended (1009)
- Account not authorised to use this API (1010)
- The record you are trying to load does not exist (1011)
- Account not authorised to use this API (1012)
- This API has been discontinued (1013)
- Domain parameter must not be included in a web request (1015)
- This domain has been blocked (1016)
- This service is not enabled on your current plan (1017)
- Your IP address has been blocked for these credentials (1018)
- HTTP Referer or Origin header record must be present when making a browser initiated request (1019)
- Your AddressFinder trial has ended (1020)
- Your AddressFinder trial has exceeded its allowed lookups (1021)
- Postal addresses are not enabled on your current plan (1022)