This page contains the technical API information for our Address Autocomplete service. Please visit our address autocomplete page if you are looking to learn more about the feature
This API is used to power the autocomplete capability of the widget. It can also be used to power your own custom autocomplete functionality, such as in a mobile or desktop app. If you want to call this API from a web browser, there are some special guidelines that you will need to follow.
The API response will contain all the addresses and associated IDs (
pxid) in the format requested in the API request.
||String||Full address string. FAQ: alias address vs canonical address||Unit 2, 21 Kent Road, DAPTO NSW 2530|
||String||The ID of the canonical or official address associated with this search result.
Note: The id and canonical_address_id will be identical when the search result is canonical.
||String||When highlighting is enabled, contains the full address string with highlighted matching terms.||Unit <span class=‘af_hl’>2</span>, <span class=‘af_hl’>21</span> <span class=‘af_hl’>Kent</span> <span class=‘af_hl’>Road</span>, DAPTO NSW 2530|
||String||The unique address identifier of the displayed address. As the displayed address can be an alias or canonical address, making use of the canonical_address_id is recommended.||c10cf706-2e2e-4fe1-887c-156e6118ab76|
||Boolean||Indicates if the request was successful or not.||true|
Below are the possible errors that can be returned by the API.
- Validation error (1000)
- Key not found (1001)
- Key not provided (1002)
- Domain not registered with Addressfinder (1003)
- Secret not provided (1004)
- Direct API calls are not permitted on your current plan. (1005)
- Invalid credentials (1006)
- Secret should not be supplied (1008)
- The Addressfinder plugin has exceeded the number of allowed lookups, and is now suspended (1009)
- The record you are trying to load does not exist (1011)
- Domain parameter must not be included in a web request (1015)
- This domain has been blocked (1016)
- This service is not enabled on your current plan (1017)
- Your IP address has been blocked for these credentials (1018)
- HTTP Referer or Origin header record must be present when making a browser initiated request (1019)
- Your Addressfinder trial has ended (1020)
- Your Addressfinder trial has exceeded its allowed lookups (1021)
- Postal addresses are not enabled on your current plan (1022)